Buy Custom Blinds to Fit Your Home's Style
Window treatments make a bold statement in any room. Whether you're looking to outfit your formal living room or you want a little more privacy in the bedroom or home office, custom blinds are an ideal option for standard or specialty windows.
Keep reading to learn more about custom blinds and window treatments and how they can benefit your home.
What are Custom Blinds?
Designed to fit your windows perfectly, custom blinds give your space a designer-friendly look without costing you an arm and a leg. They're also useful for unique or oversized windows where made-to-order blinds, shades and curtains are your only option. Here are a few things to think about when shopping for these blinds:
- Window size. Before you can choose blinds for your home, you need to take the time to measure the windows you're working with. Always measure from the outside edge of the sill inward. Make sure you add an inch or two on both sides for proper light filtration.
- Hard or soft? Custom blinds come in hard and soft varieties, and since they'll be a big part of your home design, choosing your style before you shop is a smart idea. Soft styles make your room look cozy, while harder styles provide a more architectural look. Which style fits your room best?
- Is your home traditional, transitional or modern? Look for custom blinds and window treatments that match your vintage-inspired style, traditional decor or minimalist aesthetic.
What Styles Can I Find?
The window treatments you choose for your living room, den, master bedroom and every other space in your home will have a major impact on your design. Luckily it's easy to find custom blinds and shades that match your existing furniture, rugs and accessories at west elm. Here are a few popular styles that might work for you:
- Custom blinds. Made from quality materials like wood, metal or plastic, various widths, colors and styles of blinds can be made to fit your windows. Look to match existing elements and hardware in your home to find a style that works for you.
- Roman shades. Soft and luxurious, Roman shades add a luxurious touch to your home, particularly in bedrooms, living rooms and formal spaces. Dark, bright and neutral colors are available.
- Roller shades. Roller shades and cellular shades are minimalist designs that work to block light and keep heat at bay. Myriad colors are available, and when put up, they're hardly noticeable at all.
Update your home, protect your furniture from sun exposure and add a decorative touch to every room with custom blinds, shades, draperies and more. Shop west elm to find the formal look or laid-back style that fits your house.