Maintain Comfort With Rug Tools & Accessories
The key to defining a living area in a way that's both comfortable and fashionable is to top your hard floors with plush area rugs. Whether you're looking for a new rug to jazz up your decor or just a few rug tools & accessories to maintain the rugs you already have, West Elm offers just what you need.
Selecting the Best Rug Tools & Accessories
With so many different designs and products available to you within this collection, discovering the pieces you need comes down to:
- Function: To begin, think about what types of items you need or the problems you want to solve. If you're looking to soften up hard floors, look for a beautiful area rug. If your rug is sliding across your floors, a rug pad will help provide enhanced grip and prevent the rug from shifting under your feet.
- Style: When you are adding an area rug to your decor, stop to evaluate the existing design style of your room and look for rugs in a pattern, color scheme and general design theme that is in keeping with the look you're trying to achieve.
- Materials: After you find items that appeal to you, take a closer look at the design by checking out the material content. This is also a great time to look at the care instructions of the area rug or accessories.
- Size: Not only do the rugs and accessories you select need to be the right style and material for the space, but they also need to be scaled appropriately. To be sure of a great fit, take careful measurements of the room you have available and compare those measurements to the dimensions of the items you're considering
- Coordinating Items: If you have an open-concept home, provide consistency from one room to the next by choosing the same area rug and buying it in multiple. This is a great way to define a dining area and a living room.
Area rugs aren't the only way to deliver a soft update to a room in your home. Shop West Elm for all your decorative accents, including plush accent pillows, cozy throw blankets and more. You'll even find things you can layer on top of your new area rugs, such as coffee tables, accent tables and dining room furniture. Rug tools & accessories can even make a thoughtful present for a newlywed or new homeowner on your shopping list.