Stock Your Home with Stylish Drink Coasters
Anyone who entertains -- or likes a strong cup of coffee or a post-work cocktail -- knows the value of having lots of drink coasters around. These handy home essentials come in an endless variety of styles and stash just about anywhere.
Pick up a couple new sets for your home. Then, when it's time to enjoy a beverage, you'll be ready, no matter what room you choose for relaxation.
Types of Coasters
You have your pick of coasters for around your home or to give as gifts.
- Look for two-tone woven styles, vintage patterns or pop-art styles for your everyday coasters.
- For more formal settings, try marble, agate, petrified wood or brass sets.
- When gifting a coaster set, look into monogrammed styles, like brass on marble.
- You can also get a larger coaster, called a wine coaster, to rest a bottle and keep it cool.
Where To Place A Coaster
Place your coasters throughout your home for ease of use. When entertaining, have them placed individually on furniture surfaces and stacked for guests to grab as they mingle.
- A set in the kitchen is essential. Use these when sipping wine or coffee while cooking or cleaning.
- The dining room requires a coaster for every seat or place setting. You can include the wine coaster in a centerpiece.
- Have a set on hand for a bar or bar counter, plus another for a den or home theatre room.
As you develop your collection, you'll find more spots to outfit with coaster sets -- and the more coasters you have, the more likely you are to pour yourself a relaxing beverage.